At BeadaMoss®, we grow micropropagated sustainable Sphagnum moss for positive environmental impacts. We have over 15 years of experience. We mainly supply our sustainably micropropagated Sphagnum moss for peatland restoration, where Sphagnum moss is planted as a natural climate solution.
BeadaMoss® are based in the middle of England, and supply Sphagnum moss to peatland restoration projects in the UK, and in Europe too.
Our Work – Sustainable Micropropagated Sphagnum Moss
For peatland restoration, planting Sphagnum moss is usually vital to fully restore a peatbog. Sphagnum restoration helps to:
- Convert a damaged peatland back to a carbon sequestering sink
- Stop current emissions from damaged sites
- Protects peatland’s huge existing carbon stores
- Important for habitats and biodiversity
- Helps prevent flooding and wildfires
Additionally, we are researching the use of our Sphagnum moss as a sustainable peat alternative using Sphagnum Farming methods.
We are also involved in a Carbon Farming project too, as Sphagnum has a huge amount of climate benefits.
Our Sustainable Facilities
In our nursery facility at BeadaMoss®, we are strive to grow our Sphagnum in the most sustainable way possible. We have Solar PV panels, use renewable heat from Ground Source Heat Pumps, and have heat recirculation systems. We use rainwater collection, and even the greenhouse itself is second-hand.
We have a super friendly team growing our micropropagated sustainable Sphagnum moss – from our moss rollers to our leadership team. Here are a few of our key staff members:
- Neal Wright – Director, Founder and Head of R&D – micropropagation and Sphagnum expert, leads the research and development for Peatland Restoration and Sphagnum Farming
- Barbara Wright – Director, Founder and Head of Sales – leads sales and deliveries, working closely with customers and delivers projects
- Mick (Michiel) van Hasselt – General Manager – heads up our Sphagnum production team and manages the greenhouse facilities
- Andrew Davidson – Director of Strategic Business Development – heads up our business development and sales team
- Jacqueline Wright – Marketing and Communications Manager – heads up our marketing and communications, e.g. our social media accounts team
- Victoria Woolman – Office and Deliveries Co-ordinator – manages deliveries to customers’ requirements